Job Description – Warehouse and Inventory Assistant
Reports to: Operations Manager
This available position is for an individual who will be working in a warehouse environment and will be required to assist in the warehousing, shipping and inventory control for a high-tech computer company. Must have experience with computerized inventory control and shipping processes and an interest in computer programming and network system support. Demonstrated experience with packaging overnight and international shipping required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Understand and interpret work instructions, and other instructions written or verbal, to complete packaging, receiving, shipping and inventory control of products or components according to established guidelines and quality standards.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools following appropriate methods and procedures to complete mechanical assembly of components or products, and prepare products and other items for shipment.
- Manage inventory following established guidelines and procedures including labeling and locating parts, picking parts from appropriate locations in specified quantities to fill kits or bins, delivering parts to work areas, and recording and communicating inventory levels.
- Inspect and test parts and products as necessary, during or after assembly, according to established guidelines and quality standards.
- Kit components and prepare them for packaging or sub-assembly.
- Package parts, components, or kits according to instructions.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area and maintain all equipment according to maintenance plans and established procedures.
- Practice problem solving and troubleshooting techniques as part of a team responsible for realizing continuous improvement to products and processes.
- Cross train to other departments as needed.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with co-workers and management.
- Continue to improve knowledge of parts, processes and operations.
- Driver’s license required.
- Lifting required (up to 50 lbs).
Job Type: Part-time 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM Monday - Friday.
Location: Elsmere, Delaware
Required experience: Shipping, Receiving, Inventory management. Demonstrated familiarity with Computer hardware and networks.
Zerowait offers competitive pay to qualified individuals.
- Contact: Operations Manager
- Web: http://www.zerowait.com/