As an engineering employee your job includes aspects of Computer Analysis, Computer programming, Software Engineering, Computer Network design and Computer engineering in a sales support role. The position includes responsibility for:
- Application of systems analysis techniques.
- Consultation with customers to determine hardware, software, or systems functional specifications.
- Design, development, documentation, analysis, creation, testing or modification of computer systems or programs, including prototypes, based on and related to user systems design specifications.
- Data input and management of customer trouble tickets for our international customers.
- A combination of the aforementioned duties, the performance of which requires the same level of skills.
- Fulfill the daily plan for current and future shipments and inventory requirements.
- Assemble and test equipment either for sale to the customer or internal use for testing or prototyping, becoming fully conversant with the products Zerowait supports.
- Follow detailed instruction as outlined in controlled documentation and testing policies and procedures.
- Oversee and develop ways to improve our Virtual Test Lab flow.
- Create and maintain records for trouble tickets and support documentation.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment used in the testing process.
- Follow company procedures for non-conforming equipment, return goods, and other defective material, completing reports and advisories.
- Assist engineering or development personnel in the testing of prototype products.
- Assist in the maintenance of the Parts Finder database updating with new information.
- Follow all safety and ESD procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisory personnel.
- To be successful in this role, you must be a motivated self-starter and self-learner; possess strong technical problem solving skills; and be someone who embraces challenges.
- You must have the ability to complete tasks within a deadline.
- As an engineering employee you must be able to closely follow written instructions, and communicate clearly with Engineering, Sales, and Management.
- Contact: Engineering
- Web: http://www.zerowait.com/
Additionally you will build and test prototypes, and be responsible for maintaining the company’s quality standards and procedures, while at the same time supporting corporate and department goals.
The main responsibility is to maintain a smooth process flow and to ensure that Zerowait meets our customer commitments for high quality products and outstanding support.
Reporting Relationship: Director of Engineering.
As a Storage Apprentice you may be called upon to do the following:
Minimum of a high school diploma or GED and familiarity with Linux, Networking and Storage subsystems.